The fundamental purpose of the Bonnie Bird Choreography Fund (BBCF) is to support and promote the investigation and development of choreography through:
- Awards to be made to give public recognition and monetary assistance to choreographers in order to further their artistic work, and thereby contribute to the field.
- The commissioning of dance works.
- National and international relationships to broaden choreographic knowledge through performances, workshops, lecture demonstrations, master classes, seminars, digital media and any other appropriate means.
- Support of inter-related arts projects which extend the development and understanding of choreography.
- Support wholly or in part of projects designed to stimulate creativity amongst young people with special reference to dance as a medium.
- Support of proposals or projects aimed at enhancing the appreciation of and potential engagement with dance and choreography.
- Supporting research with reference to choreographic practices.
- Support for the publication and/or dissemination of ideas which are deemed to fuel debate and enhance the wider knowledge of dance.